Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mystery Solved


As I mentioned a little while ago, there have been a lot of closed-door, super sneaky meetings going on around here. Turns out I'm not completely paranoid, I'm just a genius. Not a huge surprise. So here's the deal: 1-Our division hired a new girl. She started yesterday. She's quiet, sweet, and nice, so I'm not sure how long she'll last. Plus she lives an hour away... an hour away without traffic. Ha, without traffic... those are words I haven't used together in a sentence since I moved to LA. Poor girl has too many things stacked against her.

In addition to the new person in our small division (now we're 5 people total), the closed-door meetings were about something else. Last week I came into work to find James, Kristen, and Jessica (Kristen's assistant) all in James' office with the door closed. I knew this day was inevitable- They had finally looked through my Internet history and discovered I average about 1-2 hours/day of actual productivity. I was grateful that I placed all my belongings in 1 drawer for an easy exit. I sat in my lonely cubicle for an hour before they emerged. Jessica looked distraught- presumably because she would have to say goodbye to her quirky and fabulous co-worker. Turns out I was wrong- very wrong. Jessica was the one in trouble. Supposedly, she's not 'hitting the numbers' for Kristen's major account and the responsibility falls on Jessica's shoulders. Sucks. She's an insanely hard worker- to the point that its annoying to the rest of us. She is the type of girl who is actually still working at 4:00pm on a Friday. If she's in trouble we're all screwed. No one is more surprised than I am at what Jessica told me later that day.... I guess James used me as an example of how she should model her recruitment efforts..... seriously. Me. The person who is blogging at 10:37am when I have hundreds of resumes waiting for me.

PS-Kristen just asked me if I had anyone for the Facilities Coordinator position and my response was "I'm working on it! I'm just in the middle of sorting through all the resumes." I'm just waiting for the lightening to strike at any moment. The funny thing is my boyfriend and I were just recently discussing how the cubicle, 9-5, office environment sucks the life out of us. As a consequence, we end up putting in the most minimal effort so as to prevent us from getting fired. He just got employee of the month for December at his job. No joke. Are you taking notes yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment