Thursday, December 9, 2010

IT- Are you reading this?


Here's a little diddle to ponder.

I am well aware that my IT department has complete access to my computer, passwords, Internet history, etc. When we're hired we're given a 'talking to' about how we're never allowed to access certain sites. So at any given point either of our 2 IT staff could very easily log onto my computer, search the history, and alert the owner. I have no doubt she would quickly proceed to freak the fuck out, scream at me in front of everyone I work with, and tell me I have 5 minutes to get out of the office. The sick part is I actually fantasize about this happening. I have anything I would need to grab in 1 drawer for an easy exit strategy. I would give a short, yet powerful speech to my co-workers about how we're not really living just sitting behind a desk. I would take one last look into their dead eyes and then I would vanish into my new life...

So why do I blog about my work from work? Because my only other option is to...well... work. Though I have to admit as I'm typing this I can't help but feel like I'm being watched. I think we've already decided that I don't have any followers (yet). I feel like it's from the powerful, all knowing IT department. (Lance? Are you reading this?!). It's creepy. But I can't stop. Oh well. Lance, if you are reading this, I am willing to bribe you with beer to keep this between us. Deal?

2 comments:

  1. Just happened on your blog from the Bitchy Waiter site. Good luck with your site too.

    ReplyDelete