Thursday, December 23, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now...



...The rain is gone!! I actually deeply love the rain. BUT I have plans to drive to San Diego tonight to spend some time with my Dad while he's in town for the Holidays, and we all know that Californians lose their minds when it rains. All the sudden everyone is swerving all over the place and their average speed drops to 12 MPH. It has been raining for the past 6 days non-stop, but it's done! This is the view from my office by the way- check out the double rainbow. If I wasn't caged in the office I would think that I'm part of some sort of elfish fairy tale.

As bummed as I am that I actually have to be at work so closely to Christmas, I'm comforted by the fact that I have accomplished almost zero hours of actual productivity. It's my own little Christmas gift to myself. It's so weird to me that a few of my co-workers are actually scrambling right now. People are actually stressed the fuck out in neighboring cubicles. Why? It's almost Christmas people. We're not supposed to be stressed, and we're certainly not supposed to be working. Jesus would have wanted us to be relaxed. Kristen was supposed to take the day off, but guess who just walked in? Megh. That much dedication to a job seems unhealthy. She's supposed to be on vacation. Now she's in the office pacing back and forth and ranting to herself. That is so not the vibe I'm going for today. I was hoping for a calm/falling-asleep-at-my-desk kind of day, not anxiety filled. Bitch is seriously giving me heart palpitations.

But my message today isn't one of griping and complaining. Quite the contrary. I'm grateful for so much this holiday season. I'm grateful that in 2-2.5 years I will begin the adventure of a lifetime. I'm grateful that I have this blog to spill to when I'm supposed to be working. I'm grateful for all the amazing people in my life and for all the love they give me everyday. I'm grateful that I can day drink for the next 2 days and it won't be frowned upon. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and you're with those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment