Monday, January 17, 2011

I Have A Dream...


As an African American, I am deeply offended by the fact that I am sitting and writing this blog post from..... (pause for effect)........ WORK. That's right. I'm at work. On Martin Luther King Jr Day. What kind of fucked up world is this where employers overlook the significance of this historic day?! Oh- is the owner of the company here? You know because alllll her employees most certainly are here (except the smart ones who are 'sick' today) and it would only be fair. It's funny. I haven't seen her. All day. I heard something about a ski trip. Interesting.

I heard the best story about this company. Apparently a few years ago our company did have MLK Day off. Nice right? Oh I forgot, you had to be blac AFRICAN AMERICAN to have the day off. Dead serious. So all us whities and Asians were just screwed. Um reverse racism much?

Soooo I don't mean to belittle the atrocities suffered long ago but I do feel the need to point something out.  I'm at work.... against my will.... confined in a small area... unable to leave or move freely. Does this sound at all familiar???????

Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment