Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Missing in Action

To my readers, all 15 of you (I checked google analytics), my apologies for the lack of posts over the past month. You may or may not believe this, but I've been extremely busy... working. I've been at my new job for over 2 months now and I have to admit I really enjoy it. I like my boss, the work is enjoyable, the pay is decent, and I'm not micromanaged by anyone. But like I said it's been really busy so I haven't had time to attend to this blog as much as I want to. I will admit, however, that any free time I did have over the past month was dedicated to reading Stephenie Meyer's unpublished/incomplete book Midnight Sun. That's right- I downloaded all 267 pages and read it while at work. It was the best time I've ever had at work- ever. Besides that though I promise I've been busy. I'm still in the "I'm new and need to prove myself phase".  There has been one minor hiccup though....My boss (I believe we're calling him James in this blog) took a few of us out to drinks a few weeks ago and told me that the owner of the company asked him what I do everyday... so that's certainly less than ideal. I guess James majorly had my back. According to him he was like a "mama bear protecting his cub".



So although the owner of the company doesn't have a clue what I do everyday, James seems to like me which is my main priority anyway. He's been here 10 years, he's my direct boss, and I'm his assistant. I get the feeling that as long as he's happy with me I'm fine. I knew my years of studying the gay language would pay off eventually. The theme of this story is that I'm back. I have a lot to fill you in on. Please forgive me for depriving you of the mundane stories of my professional life for the past month. I won't let it happen again.

1 comment: